Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest in a shooting from early this summer that left one man dead and two others wounded in West Philadelphia.
21-year-old Joshua Raheem from the 5400 block of Baltimore Avenue was arrested Monday after turning himself in to police. Raheem is facing murder and gun charges.
It was approximately 7:54 p.m. on June 6, 2013, when officers responded to the report of a shooting in the area of 50th and Thompson Streets.
21-year-old John Carrington from the 4900 block of W Thompson Street was killed in the shooting.
In addition, a 15-year-old boy was shot once in the back and a 22-year-old man was shot in both legs. Both victims were hospitalized for treatment of their injuries.
The investigation eventually led detectives to Raheem and his surrender.
west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose