Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
BELLEVUE, Del. - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman was showering when a neighbor alerted her to a fire in her home Wednesday afternoon.
It was shortly before 12:30 p.m. when a fire started in the attic of a home on the unit block of Delmonte Place in the Bellevue section of Wilmington, Delaware.
A female resident was home showering and did not realize her home was on fire.
Officials say a doctor from an office across the street knocked on the door and got the woman out safely.
It took firefighters 30 minutes to get the blaze under control.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal believes the fire is electrical in origin.
new castle county news, delaware news, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos