Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities placed a southern New Jersey grammar school under a precautionary lockout after a parent reported hearing gunshots in nearby woods.
Police responded to the J.W. Lilley Elementary School in Gloucester Township Wednesday. Officers didn't find anything after conducting a large-scale search of the surrounding area.
There was a report of a hunter in the area.
Police say the school is open and the investigation is ongoing.
camden county news, new jersey news, school, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 17 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew...
17 min ago
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
8 min ago