Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities placed a southern New Jersey grammar school under a precautionary lockout after a parent reported hearing gunshots in nearby woods.
Police responded to the J.W. Lilley Elementary School in Gloucester Township Wednesday. Officers didn't find anything after conducting a large-scale search of the surrounding area.
There was a report of a hunter in the area.
Police say the school is open and the investigation is ongoing.
camden county news, new jersey news, school, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 28 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 54 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 19 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 56 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 27 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
46 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
28 min ago
- Man mistaken for dead passes away
24 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
56 min ago