Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Park Mall used stolen card moments after theft, police say
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County are on the hunt for a purse snatcher caught on camera using a stolen credit card moments after police say he robbed and assaulted a 66-year-old woman.
It happened at 8:00 p.m. Monday outside the Macy's store at the Willow Grove Park Mall.
Abington Police say the victim was entering the second floor parking lot when the suspect walked up behind her, knocked her to the ground, pulled the pocketbook from her shoulder and fled.
Moments after the robbery, police say, surveillance cameras at the Wawa store on Moreland Road caught the suspect using one of the victim's credit cards.
He was wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt.
Cameras also recorded the car he arrived in. Investigators say he was a passenger in a maroon late 90s to early 2000s 4-door sedan.
Anyone with information contact the Abington Police Detective Division at 267-536-1100, option #4. Anonymous tips may also be left on the department's web page.
pennsylvania news, robbery, assault, montgomery county news, caught on camera, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run