Man apparently shoots self on SEPTA bus, police say
MANAYUNK - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for a man who reportedly shot himself by accident aboard a SEPTA bus in Manayunk.
It occurred around 6:15 p.m. Wednesday aboard a route K bus at Chelten Avenue and Musgrave Street.
The bus driver told police he heard a loud bang and thought someone threw a rock at the bus.
At the same time, the driver saw a man getting off the bus.
The bus driver drove the bus back to the depot, saw blood in one of the seats and notified police.
Police are still looking for the man, who may have been shot in the hand.
Police will look at surveillance video on the bus.
No other injuries are reported.
philadelphia news, germantown news, shooting, SEPTA, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run