Man apparently shoots self on SEPTA bus, police say
MANAYUNK - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for a man who reportedly shot himself by accident aboard a SEPTA bus in Manayunk.
It occurred around 6:15 p.m. Wednesday aboard a route K bus at Chelten Avenue and Musgrave Street.
The bus driver told police he heard a loud bang and thought someone threw a rock at the bus.
At the same time, the driver saw a man getting off the bus.
The bus driver drove the bus back to the depot, saw blood in one of the seats and notified police.
Police are still looking for the man, who may have been shot in the hand.
Police will look at surveillance video on the bus.
No other injuries are reported.
philadelphia news, germantown news, shooting, SEPTA, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 15 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ