Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville, Delaware
TALLEYVILLE, Del. - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a man died in a fast-moving blaze in Talleyville, Delaware early Thursday morning.
The fire broke out just before 4:30 a.m. on the 1100 block of Artwin Road.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames shooting from the rear of the house.
Action News is told a person outside the home alerted firefighters that someone was trapped inside.
Crews were able to locate the man, but his injuries were severe and he did not survive. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
The fire was placed under control within thirty-five minutes.
Investigators are working to determine the cause.
fire, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 46 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 25 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 40 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases