Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
CENTER CITY - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an incident where a person may have been struck by a train in Center City.
The incident happened just before 11:00 a.m. Thursday at 5th and Market Streets on SEPTA's Market-Frankford Line.
a 59-year-old woman is hospitalized after being removed from the westbound track area. The extent of her injuries is unknown at this time.
It remains unclear how the woman was injured.
Shuttle buses were provided for a time between Spring Garden and 30th Street while investigators remained on the scene. Normal train service has since resumed.
center city news, philadelphia news, pedestrian struck, train accident, SEPTA, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 24 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 3 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases