Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
EAST PIKELAND TWP., Pa. - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in one Chester County community say someone is stealing tips and gift cards from residents, just one week from Christmas.
East Pikeland Township police officers were called around 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday December 18, 2013 to the 100 block of Brimful Drive.
The owner of the home told police that they observed a Chevrolet pickup truck pull up to their trash cans. They say a white female got out of the passenger side of the pickup and grabbed tip money for the trash collectors that was secured to the top of a trash can.
The woman jumped back into the pickup and the vehicle then sped off.
Then at 7:15 p.m. the same day police were called to the unit block of Winslow Drive in East Pikeland Township for a theft of a gift card from a mail box.
Police say that it seems that at some point after the mail was delivered someone went into the mail box, opened a Christmas card and removed a gift card valued at $50. That person then put the card back into the envelope and put it back into the mail box.
Police are encouraging people who wish to tip their trash collectors and others to personally give the gift to them as to avoid theft. They are also asking residents to report any suspicious activity and collect packages that are delivered to your front door as quickly as possible.
chester county news, pennsylvania news, theft, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 5 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 41 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
41 min ago