Video captures Laundromat robbery in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for two men who terrorized a Laundromat in the city's West Oak Lane section.
It was 4:49 a.m. on December 13, 2013, when cameras captured the masked men entering the Laundry Depot located at 2548 West Cheltenham Avenue.
One of the suspects, who was armed with a handgun, forced an employee to the ground and handcuffed him.
A customer inside at the time of the robbery was forced to lay face down on the floor.
Both suspects then spent approximately twenty minutes attempting to gain access to an ATM.
After failing to gain access to the ATM, the duo grabbed a laptop from the office area and fled on foot toward Limekiln Pike.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 6'0"-6'1", 20-30 years-of-age, slim-medium build, wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt with "Nike" on the front in white lettering, gray cargo pants, light colored mask covering his face and black gloves.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 5'6"-5'7", 20-30 years-of-age, slim-medium build, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, faded blue jeans, white/black gloves, black and white sneakers, mask covering his face and carrying a red/black duffel bag with power tolls inside.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
west oak lane news, philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 54 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos