50 coworkers in Delaware to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
DOVER, Del. - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Lottery officials say a group of 50 coworkers at a New Castle County company shared a ticket that correctly matched five numbers to win a second prize of $1 million in Tuesday night's Mega Millions drawing.
A female representative from the office pool claimed the group's prize at Lottery headquarters Wednesday afternoon. Each member will receive a $20,000 prize before taxes.
The group has elected to remain anonymous.
The winning ticket was one of 250 Quick Pick tickets purchased by the office pool at the ShopRite of Four Seasons (Glasgow) located on 700 Plaza Drive in Newark.
For its role in selling the winning ticket, ShopRite will receive a $10,000 bonus.
Two other $1-million tickets were sold in New Jersey. One was purchased at the 7-Eleven on Lakewood Road in Toms River, and the other was sold at Kartik Food & News in Cranford, Union County.
lottery, mega millions, delaware news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 41 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ