Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
WEST READING, Pa. - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County community will transform into a winter wonderland this weekend, all to make a young cancer patient's dream come true.
A local Relay for Life team set up the "Team Laney" Facebook page after finding out the 7-year-old West Reading girl only has days to live.
Laney Brown's one wish is to have carolers sing to her.
So on Saturday, the West Reading Police and Fire Departments will shut down the 400 block of Chestnut Street to put on the show.
Laney's Facebook page has 10,000 followers. So West Reading is expecting quite a crowd tomorrow night.
berks county news, pennsylvania news, cancer, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 37 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 49 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
37 min ago