Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philadelphia high school
PHILADELPHIA - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student was robbed at gunpoint inside a high school in Philadelphia on Friday afternoon.
The incident happened at Mastbaum Area Vocational Technical School, located at 3116 Frankford Avenue.
Investigators say it was around 3:00 p.m. when school was letting out when two students and a third individual wearing a mask and armed with a gun robbed a student on the third floor of the school.
Stolen was the student's cell phone and a PSP video game system. The victim was uninjured in the incident.
The lockdown at the school was lifted around 4:00 p.m.
It is believed the unidentified armed suspect gained access to the school from outside the building. There are security guards posted at the front of the school, but the suspect somehow got in during dismissal and committed the robbery.
Police say the robbery was caught on surveillance and that they are currently working to obtain the footage.
philadelphia news, school, kensington news, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 30 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases