Suspect sought in burglary of Germantown historical house
PHILADELPHIA - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are asking the public's help in identifying the man who allegedly burglarized the historical Bringhurst House in the city's Germantown section.
The incident took place on December 12th around 1:10 p.m. on the 5400 block of Germantown Avenue.
Authorities say an unknown male was captured on surveillance video breaking a window and entering the historical Bringhurst House.
Once inside, the suspect is seen taking two large silver trays, silver tea and coffee pot, valued at $300.00, police say.
The suspect then flees on foot on Germantown Avenue, carrying a large black trash bag.
The suspect is described as a black male, 40-50 years-of-age, 5'7"-5'10" tall, medium complexion, thin gray hair, unshaven and sunken facial features
He was wearing a dark knit hat, black jacket with a multi-colored hood and dark colored pants.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
germantown news, burglary, philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ