Arrest in stabbing death of retired Villanova professor
GERMANTOWN - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have announced an arrest in the fatal stabbing of a retired Villanova professor in her Germantown apartment.
Authorities have charged 42-year-old Jose Diaz for the murder of 69-year-old Carol Ambruster.
Ambruster was found stabbed to death in her second floor apartment on the 5500 block of Wayne Avenue on December 9th.
She had been stabbed multiple times in her chest and neck area.
Police say Diaz, a sub-contractor, had access to the victim's apartment on the day of the murder. No word on a motive.
Ambruster was an assistant professor of astronomy and astrophysics at Villanova University until she retired two years ago.
philadelphia news, germantown news, stabbing, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 44 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 5 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 10 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 58 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos