Arrest in stabbing death of retired Villanova professor
GERMANTOWN - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have announced an arrest in the fatal stabbing of a retired Villanova professor in her Germantown apartment.
Authorities have charged 42-year-old Jose Diaz for the murder of 69-year-old Carol Ambruster.
Ambruster was found stabbed to death in her second floor apartment on the 5500 block of Wayne Avenue on December 9th.
She had been stabbed multiple times in her chest and neck area.
Police say Diaz, a sub-contractor, had access to the victim's apartment on the day of the murder. No word on a motive.
Ambruster was an assistant professor of astronomy and astrophysics at Villanova University until she retired two years ago.
philadelphia news, germantown news, stabbing, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 9 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 13 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 13 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 13 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
9 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
13 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos