Police officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
LITIZ, Pa. - December 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police officer has shot and killed a 22-year-old man inside a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania home.
The Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal reports that police in Lititz received a call at about 3 a.m. Saturday from a woman who said she needed help. That's just outside Lancaster.
Police responded, and the unidentified man allegedly threatened an officer and tried to grab his gun. Police reportedly used a stun gun, but the man continued making threats and advanced on the officer with a large knife.
The investigation is ongoing, and the officer who fired the shots was placed on administrative leave, which is standard in such cases.
Police say the only other witness to the shooting was the grandmother of the deceased man, who was also the one who placed the 911 calls.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, police, shooting, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 39 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
58 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
39 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos