Police officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
LITIZ, Pa. - December 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police officer has shot and killed a 22-year-old man inside a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania home.
The Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal reports that police in Lititz received a call at about 3 a.m. Saturday from a woman who said she needed help. That's just outside Lancaster.
Police responded, and the unidentified man allegedly threatened an officer and tried to grab his gun. Police reportedly used a stun gun, but the man continued making threats and advanced on the officer with a large knife.
The investigation is ongoing, and the officer who fired the shots was placed on administrative leave, which is standard in such cases.
Police say the only other witness to the shooting was the grandmother of the deceased man, who was also the one who placed the 911 calls.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, police, shooting, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 59 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 37 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
59 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
13 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
37 min ago