Penn State student dies in jump from garage
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - December 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Penn State University student died when he jumped from a parking garage in downtown State College.
The student was identified as 22-year-old Andrew M. Magargle of Pasadena, Md.
Officers responded to a call at about 9:30 a.m. Friday, according to a statement released Saturday. Centre County coroner Scott Sayers says Magargle died as a result of chest trauma and his death has been ruled a suicide. It's the second fatal fall at the school in recent weeks.
In November 20-year-old Conor F. MacMannis, of Virginia, was killed when he fell from a balcony at Penn Tower apartments.
pennsylvania news, penn state, fatal fall, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 15 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
12 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
15 min ago