Berks County man burned at fabric plant
SHOEMAKERSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - December 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man ran from a Pennsylvania industrial plant with his clothes on fire, but a passing motorist helped douse the flames in a bank of snow.
The Reading Eagle reports that 47-year-old Robert Geisinger of Hamburg ran from the Wolfe Dye & Bleach Works at about 1 p.m. Saturday.
Kerry DeLong of the Shoemakersville Fire Company says Geisinger was flown by helicopter to Lehigh Valley Hospital. His condition was not immediately available.
The fire was the third in four months at the fabric-bleaching plant, which is about 12 miles north of Reading.
DeLong says the plant sustained significant damage and that the investigation is ongoing. An Aug. 13 blaze at the company caused about $3 million in damage to another building, which also is being rebuilt.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, fire, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 33 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 12 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 40 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
59 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
12 min ago