Berks County man burned at fabric plant
SHOEMAKERSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - December 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man ran from a Pennsylvania industrial plant with his clothes on fire, but a passing motorist helped douse the flames in a bank of snow.
The Reading Eagle reports that 47-year-old Robert Geisinger of Hamburg ran from the Wolfe Dye & Bleach Works at about 1 p.m. Saturday.
Kerry DeLong of the Shoemakersville Fire Company says Geisinger was flown by helicopter to Lehigh Valley Hospital. His condition was not immediately available.
The fire was the third in four months at the fabric-bleaching plant, which is about 12 miles north of Reading.
DeLong says the plant sustained significant damage and that the investigation is ongoing. An Aug. 13 blaze at the company caused about $3 million in damage to another building, which also is being rebuilt.
pennsylvania news, berks county news, fire, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 43 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 57 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
38 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
43 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
35 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
54 min ago