Delaware man charged in fatal crash after following ex-girlfriend
GEORGETOWN, Del. - December 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware state police say a 21-year-old Georgetown man caused a fatal crash when he tried to follow his ex-girlfriend after she left a dance party in Maryland.
Police say 21-year-old Victor Hugo-Martinez was under the influence of alcohol as he drove recklessly in Georgetown early Sunday morning.
On at least two occasions, police say, he passed the car driven by his girlfriend and then slammed on the brakes in front of her vehicle.
According to authorities, Hugo-Martinez ultimately struck the vehicle, causing a crash.
The car he was driving hit a utility pole and was nearly split in two. Police say a 19-year-old passenger, Jesus Diaz, wasn't wearing a seat belt and was killed. Three others were injured in the crash.
Hugo-Martinez has been charged with vehicular homicide among other offenses.
delaware news, sussex county news, accident, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 18 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 23 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 11 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 51 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber