Arrest made in string of Newark, Del. burglaries
NEWARK, Del. - December 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested and charged with a series of home burglaries in Newark, Delaware.
William Wilson III, 41, of Newark, was arrested just after 10:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Police say witness saw Wilson prowling behind homes on East Cleveland Avenue and called police.
An officer allegedly saw Wilson throw a crowbar on the ground.
He was arrested and, police say, it was later determined Wilson broke into two homes and tried to enter a third, all on East Cleveland Avenue.
He was being held on $39,000 bail.
delaware news, newark, del. news, burglary, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 6 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos