Man playing Xbox shot by stray bullet in Olney
OLNEY - December 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized after apparently being shot by a stray bullet in Philadelphia's Olney section.
It happened around 7:45 p.m. Monday on the 100 block of Sparks Street.
Police say a 27-year-old man was sitting on a couch playing Xbox in his second floor bedroom, when he realized he was shot in the back.
According to investigators, the bullet came through the side wall of the house after traveling a full city block following a shooting nearby at 3rd and Sparks. Police found two cars at that location that had sustained damage after being hit by gunfire as well.
The victim was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he is in stable condition.
Police say the victim was alone in the home at the time of the shooting.
The man had just celebrated his birthday on Sunday.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia news, olney news, shooting, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 49 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 30 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
30 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
49 min ago