Newtown Township bank robbery suspect sought
NEWTOWN TWP., Pa. - December 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police and the FBI are asking for the public's help in identifying the man who they say robbed a bank in Newtown Township, Bucks County.
It was 1:55 p.m. Monday when the suspect entered the Monument Bank branch, located at 30 Swamp Road.
Police say the suspect handed the teller a threatening demand note, and after obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, he fled the area in a silver Volkswagen Beetle.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 30 to 35 years old, 6'2" and clean-shaven. He wore a red zip-neck sweatshirt and a dark green knit winter hat.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery or the suspect is urged to call the FBI at 215-641-8910 or the Newtown Township Police Department at 215-504-2201. There may be a reward for information leading to arrest and tipsters can remain anonymous.
bucks county news, pennsylvania news, bank robbery, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police