Missing Ocean County police dog found
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - December 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ocean County say a dog who went missing during a police training exercise has been found.
The brown Chesapeake Bay retriever named Jack ran away during training exercises after chasing after a deer he had spotted in the woods.
The 1 year-old K-9 went missing Monday during a scent detection training exercise in Allaire State Park, near the border of Wall and Howell townships.
Jack was found sometime Tuesday, but details pertaining to his return have not been released.
new jersey news, ocean county news, police, animals, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 50 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 6 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
50 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos