Man arrested for multiple Philadelphia bank robberies
PHILADELPHIA - December 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police announced Tuesday the arrest of a 32-year-old man in connection with three bank robberies in Philadelphia.
William Edwards of E. Wingohocking Street has been charged with multiple robberies and related offenses.
The robberies occurred at the PNC Bank at 1801 Market Street on December 2, Citizens Bank at 7327 Frankford Avenue on December 9, and Susquehanna Bank at 1845 Walnut Street on December 13.
Surveillance photos were obtained from all three robberies.
As a result, on December 3, police received numerous tips identifying Edwards as the suspect in the PNC Bank robbery.
Police arrested Edwards at his home on December 17th.
philadelphia news, bank robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower