Santa surprises special St. Christopher's patients
PHILADELPHIA - December 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- On Christmas Eve, Santa paid a special visit to children battling illnesses during the holidays.
Santa traded in the pitter patter of reindeer for the roar of a police escort.
"I heard the police sirens and I opened the door," said Natasha Mason, mom.
The doctors and nurses from St. Christopher's oncology and hematology departments, put a call in to St. Nick to make sure Christmas was extra special for some of their patients.
Despite the tight schedule, Santa snuck in a quick trip for the special little children to make sure they knew that he knew about them.
"These are kids that have been through some tough times and we want them to know they have the exclusive," said Santa Claus.
Parents and children alike were thankful.
"They've been through a tough year but Santa just made it wonderful," said Mason.
"I couldn't believe that was all for me and my family," said Makia Mason, daughter.
It's a surprise visit from a special guest and a memory that these families will share for a lifetime.
"It's great. I couldn't ask for nothing better," said Makia.
"You see it on TV but you don't really expect to get it. When they come to your house it's like wow dreams really do come true," said Mason.
philadelphia news, christmas, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos