2 teens killed in Newark, New Jersey shooting, 3rd critical
NEWARK, N.J. - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Newark officials say two teenagers have been shot and killed and a third is in critical condition in the northern New Jersey city.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Newark Police Director Samuel A. DeMaio say a 13-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were fatally shot Christmas night. Both were pronounced dead at a local hospital.
They say a third young victim has been hospitalized in critical but stable condition.
The names of the victims have not been released.
The Star-Ledger newspaper reports that the shootings happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday in a neighborhood not far from Interstate 78 and Irvington, a neighboring city.
The shootings come after three men were fatally shot and two other men were wounded early Christmas morning at an Irvington strip club.
new jersey news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ