Baby shot, killed on Christmas Eve identified
LANCASTER, Pa. - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania authorities said Thursday that 2-month-old Kestyn Davis was killed Christmas Eve by a single shot from a handgun to her abdomen, and a decision has not been made about whether criminal charges will be filed.
Police in suburban Lancaster said the victim's parents, Alyssa and G. Scott Davis, were cooperating with the investigation. The couple did not appear to have a listed home phone number.
East Lampeter Township Police said they expected their investigation to be completed in a few days and they did not plan to release additional details in the meantime.
"I don't even have any reports; we just got the autopsy done," Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said Thursday. "I've got to talk to the guy who did the forensic analysis."
Officials have said the girl and the shooter, described as an adult relative, were alone in the apartment when she was shot Tuesday afternoon. Kestyn was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
"This was an isolated incident and there is no danger to the public," police said in the news release that identified Kestyn and her parents.
Telephone messages left for Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Steven Diamantoni were not returned.
pennsylvania news, lancaster county news, shooting, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 41 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 53 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
41 min ago