Police: 2,000 bags of heroin found, man charged
MILLSBORO, Del. (AP) - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Lincoln man abandoned more than 2,000 bags of heroin and marijuana in a parking lot before a traffic stop.
When a trooper tried to stop a car on Tuesday night in Millsboro, police say the car fled at high speed. The trooper lost sight of the car, but then spotted it stopped in a parking lot.
Police say two Millsboro officers inspected the parking lot and found two grocery bags containing 34 grams of heroin in 2,292 baggies and 119 grams of marijuana.
When the car was searched, police say another 46 grams of marijuana and $2,312 were found and $1,977 was found in the driver's pocket.
Police have charged the driver, 35-year-old Donald Hester, with several drug charges and two traffic violations.
drugs, delaware news, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 36 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 9 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 21 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 9 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
36 min ago