Police: 2,000 bags of heroin found, man charged
MILLSBORO, Del. (AP) - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Lincoln man abandoned more than 2,000 bags of heroin and marijuana in a parking lot before a traffic stop.
When a trooper tried to stop a car on Tuesday night in Millsboro, police say the car fled at high speed. The trooper lost sight of the car, but then spotted it stopped in a parking lot.
Police say two Millsboro officers inspected the parking lot and found two grocery bags containing 34 grams of heroin in 2,292 baggies and 119 grams of marijuana.
When the car was searched, police say another 46 grams of marijuana and $2,312 were found and $1,977 was found in the driver's pocket.
Police have charged the driver, 35-year-old Donald Hester, with several drug charges and two traffic violations.
drugs, delaware news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1