20 displaced after apartment fire in Newark, Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- An apartment fire in Newark, Delaware this morning has been ruled accidental.
Firefighters were on the scene around 10:30 a.m. at Lynn Hall in the Foxwood Apartment complex.
The fire was brought under control in just under an hour.
Fire officials say natural gas ignited from a heater being installed in an unoccupied first floor apartment.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
The Red Cross is helping at least 20 displaced residents.
Officials estimate the damage near $150,000.
fire, newark, del. news, delaware news, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police