Pa. wife, 2 others accused of plot to kill husband
ROSTRAVER, Pa. (AP) - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman and two other people have been accused of plotting to kill her husband on Christmas Eve and mask the crime by pulling his teeth, but he survived.
Kimberly Jane Thompkins, Robert Crosby and Daryith Lorraine Stevens met at a Pittsburgh-area fast-food restaurant on Monday and plotted to kill Adam Thompkins, authorities said. Kimberly Thompkins and Stevens are from Jacobs Creek, while Crosby is from West Newton.
On Tuesday, Kimberly Thompkins drove her husband to Cedar Creek Park, 25 miles south of Pittsburgh, authorities said.
Shortly before noon, Crosby stabbed Adam Thompkins with a knife, police said. Kimberly Thompkins took a change of clothes and pliers to pull her husband's teeth, and there was a can of gas to burn a body, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
A bystander saw a bloody man in the park and called police, who investigated and found Adam Thompkins covered in blood. Police said they later made the arrests after the suspects gave conflicting stories.
Adam Thompkins was flown to an area hospital. Local media reported that he has been released.
Kimberly Thompkins, Crosby and Stevens face charges of attempted homicide, conspiracy and other crimes. They're being held in the Westmoreland County jail, unable to post $100,000 bond each and unavailable for comment. No defense attorneys were listed on court papers.
Police haven't said what the motive for the assault was, but Westmoreland County District Attorney John Peck told TV station WTAE that Crosby had been living with Kimberly Thompkins.
Park police declined to comment on Thursday.
pennsylvania news, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 37 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 43 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 35 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 21 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
7 min ago