Woman struck, killed by SUV while walking dog identified
BEAR, Del. - December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman walking her dog has died after both she, and her pet, were hit by an SUV in Bear, Delaware.
Donna J. Potter, 44, of Bear was killed in the crash that happened at 8:16 p.m. Thursday along the 700 block of Pulaski Highway.
Police say Potter, who was walking her dog, attempted to cross the busy highway and was struck in the westbound lanes.
Medics responded and rushed Potter to Christiana Hospital where she died.
Her dog was taken to an area animal hospital for care.
The driver of the SUV remained at the scene and was not injured.
No charges have been filed as this investigation continues.
delaware news, new castle county news, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man