Suspect sought in North Philadelphia market robbery
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who robbed a market in North Philadelphia.
The robbery happened at 3:19 p.m. on December 23rd at Sam's Supermarket at 2852 North Front Street.
Police say the suspect entered the store armed with a handgun and approached the counter, demanding money.
One of the workers took the cash out of the register and gave it to the suspect.
Then, the man told the workers to turn around and threatened to shoot them if they turned back.
The man then fled on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man, 5'10" to 5'11" tall. He was wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with a multi-colored decal on the front, black pants, white and black sneakers and black gloves.
Police added the handgun the man used had white on the grip.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 14 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 13 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 37 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 15 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
11 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
13 min ago