Man charged with stealing from YMCA locker rooms
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - December 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State police have arrested a man they say stolen items from locker rooms at two YMCAs in Newark.
Twenty-year-old James B. Lawson of Wilmington was arrested Monday and charged with multiple counts of theft and other offenses.
Troopers say between August and November, Lawson took wallets, keys, cellphones and other items from lockers at the gyms on George Williams Way and Capitol Trail.
Police say Lawson made purchases with stolen credit cards and used stolen car keys to take property from vehicles parked at the gyms.
theft, newark, del. news, delaware news, local/state
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 44 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 54 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm