Man charged with stealing from YMCA locker rooms
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - December 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State police have arrested a man they say stolen items from locker rooms at two YMCAs in Newark.
Twenty-year-old James B. Lawson of Wilmington was arrested Monday and charged with multiple counts of theft and other offenses.
Troopers say between August and November, Lawson took wallets, keys, cellphones and other items from lockers at the gyms on George Williams Way and Capitol Trail.
Police say Lawson made purchases with stolen credit cards and used stolen car keys to take property from vehicles parked at the gyms.
theft, newark, del. news, delaware news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ