Driver ejected in I-95 crash in Delaware
NEWPORT, Del. - December 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a driver was ejected after their vehicle collided with a tractor-trailer on I-95 in Newport, Delaware.
It happened around 8:00 p.m. in the southbound lanes near the 295 interchange.
Police say 36-year-old Twan Money was behind the wheel of a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo.
For an unknown reason, the car accelerated and changed lanes, striking the back of the tractor-trailer that was parked on the shoulder.
Upon impact, the car spun around and came to a stop in the center lanes of the highway.
A passing motorist happened to be a doctor and stopped to render aid until medics arrived.
Money was taken to Christiana Medical Center in critical condition. The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured.
Delaware State Police continue to investigate.
delaware news, new castle county news, accident, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 30 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 49 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 17 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 15 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twin boys escape carjacker by yelling,...
1 min ago