Police search for suspect in West Philadelphia shooting
PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left a man in critical condition West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
Police say a 48-year old man was shot several times during a robbery attempt at 60th and Vine Streets just before 2:00 a.m.
Police say the victim was approached by a man who took his keys and cash before shooting him multiple times.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
Authorities are still searching for the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police.
shooting, west philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police