4 suspects sought in Lower Gwynedd Twp. home invasion
LOWER GWYNEDD TWP., Pa. - December 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Lower Gwynned Township, Montgomery County are investigating a home invasion.
It happened just after 11:00 p.m. Friday night on the 1400 block of Sloan Way.
The female victim, who does not want to be identified, still fears for her safety.
"The thing that kept running through my mind was I might die tonight," she said.
Police say four masked men, three of them armed, walked into her bedroom looking for jewelry and cash.
"I quickly hid my cell phone in my pajamas. I pretended like I didn't know what they were saying and I kept speaking in Korean," she said.
The suspects duct taped her and left her alone to find her parents.
The victim tore through the tape, emailed a friend to call 911 and dialed 911 herself.
In the next room, authorities say, the suspects tied up the victim's parents.
"My dad kept telling them please don't hurt my daughter, she's my only one," she said.
The suspects returned and hit the victim over the head with a gun, after they realized she called police.
Minutes later, at the sound of sirens, the suspects fled, taking off with some cash.
The victim had to undergo a cat scan and doctors think she suffered a mild concussion.
Her quick thinking helped save the lives of her family.
"They keep saying that but I don't feel that way at all," she said.
Police believe the victim's father, who owns a business in Philadelphia, was a target.
Authorities say the suspects may have thought that he brought home a lot of cash.
"I think it's because of a stereotype that Asian people hold a lot of money at home and we don't," said the victim.
Police are investigating whether another break-in and an attempted break-in, which happened this year in the same neighborhood, are related.
Authorities are also looking to see if a November home invasion in Hatfield, involved four armed men, can also be linked.
home invasion, robbery, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 6 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 39 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 4 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 32 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 1 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 13 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
39 min ago