Large sinkhole damages homes in Bethlehem, Pa.
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - December 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A large sinkhole has damaged at least two homes in the Lehigh Valley.
The massive hole opened up after a water main broke along East Market Street in Bethlehem over the weekend.
Crews spent all day Sunday working to repair the main and fill the 30'x25' gap.
One homeowner said the sinkhole caused his house to settle, causing a large crack on the second floor.
No evacuations were ordered.
According to WFMZ-TV, water service was disrupted to ten homes.
A portion of East Market Street was expected to remain closed through Monday.
pennsylvania news, sinkhole, bethlehem news, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 38 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 36 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 11 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos