Smoke from mulch fire sparks complaints in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke from a stubborn mulch fire sparked complaints in Northeast Philadelphia.
Firefighters battled the fire since before 2:00 a.m. Sunday at Northeast Philly Mulch in the 11000 block of Roosevelt Boulevard.
The fire was still burning Monday afternoon.
Residents in a nearby neighborhood tell Action News the area was engulfed in smoke for hours and the pungent smell entered their homes.
They say this is not the first time they have experienced this problem.
philadelphia news, fire, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 44 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 47 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 6 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 36 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
44 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
42 min ago