Smoke from mulch fire sparks complaints in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Smoke from a stubborn mulch fire sparked complaints in Northeast Philadelphia.
Firefighters battled the fire since before 2:00 a.m. Sunday at Northeast Philly Mulch in the 11000 block of Roosevelt Boulevard.
The fire was still burning Monday afternoon.
Residents in a nearby neighborhood tell Action News the area was engulfed in smoke for hours and the pungent smell entered their homes.
They say this is not the first time they have experienced this problem.
philadelphia news, fire, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 4 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos