Defense wants confession tossed in Pa. baby killing case
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - December 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for a man accused of killing a baby and her grandmother in King of Prussia last October are trying to get his confession thrown out.
They made a motion Monday in court.
Authorities claim 26-year-old Raghunandan Yandamuri admitted he suffocated 10-month-old Saanvi Venna after accidentally slashing her grandmother during a botched robbery.
The girl's body was found several days later.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
pennsylvania news, stabbing, montgomery county news, homicide, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos