2 killed after fire erupts in camper in Atlantic County, N.J.
WEYMOUTH TWP., N.J. - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say two people died after a fire erupted in a camper in Atlantic County, New Jersey Tuesday morning.
The blaze broke out around 6:50 a.m. near Cape May and 10th Avenues in the Dorothy section of Weymouth Township.
New Jersey State Police say once the flames were extinguished, firefighters found a man and a woman, both in their 50s.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Medics took the man to an area hospital. He did not survive.
The camper was parked in some woods behind a home when it caught fire.
Investigators are working to determine the cause.
fire, new jersey news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos