2 gunned down in Camden home
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are hunting for leads after 2 people were gunned down inside a home in Camden.
Prosecutors are on the scene and sources tell Action News both the people killed inside the home along the 700 block of Division Street were men.
The shooting happened shortly after 12:30 p.m. During Action News at 4, live pictures showed a still-active crime scene with police tape surrounding the home where the shooting happened.
"The city is -- major fear," said Rhonda Carstarphen of Camden. "I believe that's why most of the crimes are taking place in the daytime because if you come out at night you're gonna get hit. So they're doing it during the daytime so they can do what they need to do and watch their own back at the same time."
Police say the shooting suspect was spotted wearing a black ski mask worn by shooter. They also say the shooting does appear to be a drug-related.
So far, there have been 57 homicides in Camden in 2013. A record number, 67, were committed in 2012.
Prosecutors tell Action News they plan to release more details once victim's families have been notified about the deaths.
new jersey news, camden news, homicide, shooting, illegal drugs, local/state
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 23 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 59 min ago
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
23 min ago