Teen dies after being shot several times in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 1, 2014 (WPVI) -- An 18-year-old male has died after being shot several times in North Philadelphia late Tuesday night, police say.
The incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. near 7th and Girard Avenue.
According to police, the victim suffered from wounds to the head and chest.
He was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.
So far, there have been no arrests or word on why the teen was shot.
shooting, teens, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 55 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 6 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 17 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 27 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 14 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 13 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 30 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 4 min ago