Neighbors plan fundraisers for family of Delaney Brown
Reading, Pa. - January 1, 2014 (WPVI) -- The parents of a young Reading girl whose dying wish was answered and are about to see even more generosity.
Organizers have announced two fund-raisers to support Jeremiah and Jennifer Brown.
Their 8-year-old daughter, Laney, died on Christmas Day, just days after thousands of people sang carols outside her home, which was her last request.
The fundraisers, one on Saturday and the other on January 11th, will help the Browns defray the costs of Laney's medical treatment.
On Saturday, January 4th, organizers plan a "Tribute to Laney Brown" with a day of exercise classes, manicures, massages and other services.
The fundraiser will be held at the Crowne Plaza Reading in Wyomissing from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Participants are encouraged to donate $6.00 per class and a specified donation for each service.
And on the following Saturday, January 11th, there will be an All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast at the Exeter Dairy Queen on Route 422 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets are $7.00.
cancer, reading news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 36 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 31 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures