Neighbors plan fundraisers for family of Delaney Brown
Reading, Pa. - January 1, 2014 (WPVI) -- The parents of a young Reading girl whose dying wish was answered and are about to see even more generosity.
Organizers have announced two fund-raisers to support Jeremiah and Jennifer Brown.
Their 8-year-old daughter, Laney, died on Christmas Day, just days after thousands of people sang carols outside her home, which was her last request.
The fundraisers, one on Saturday and the other on January 11th, will help the Browns defray the costs of Laney's medical treatment.
On Saturday, January 4th, organizers plan a "Tribute to Laney Brown" with a day of exercise classes, manicures, massages and other services.
The fundraiser will be held at the Crowne Plaza Reading in Wyomissing from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Participants are encouraged to donate $6.00 per class and a specified donation for each service.
And on the following Saturday, January 11th, there will be an All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast at the Exeter Dairy Queen on Route 422 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tickets are $7.00.
cancer, reading news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 8 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 42 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos