Tacony Palmyra Bridge reopens after crash involving police officer
PHILADELPHIA - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Tacony Palmyra Bridge has reopened from Philadelphia to New Jersey after a crash involving a police officer early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. on the mid-span of the bridge.
Two cars collided head-on and one of the vehicles was a police car.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to be treated and released, authorities say.
Police are testing the driver in the second vehicle for Driving Under the Influence.
There are no charges at this time.
accident, philadelphia news, new jersey news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1