Tacony Palmyra Bridge reopens after crash involving police officer
PHILADELPHIA - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Tacony Palmyra Bridge has reopened from Philadelphia to New Jersey after a crash involving a police officer early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. on the mid-span of the bridge.
Two cars collided head-on and one of the vehicles was a police car.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to be treated and released, authorities say.
Police are testing the driver in the second vehicle for Driving Under the Influence.
There are no charges at this time.
accident, philadelphia news, new jersey news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos