Tacony Palmyra Bridge reopens after crash involving police officer
PHILADELPHIA - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Tacony Palmyra Bridge has reopened from Philadelphia to New Jersey after a crash involving a police officer early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. on the mid-span of the bridge.
Two cars collided head-on and one of the vehicles was a police car.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to be treated and released, authorities say.
Police are testing the driver in the second vehicle for Driving Under the Influence.
There are no charges at this time.
accident, philadelphia news, new jersey news, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 46 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 4 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 44 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 29 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!