Tacony Palmyra Bridge reopens after crash involving police officer
PHILADELPHIA - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Tacony Palmyra Bridge has reopened from Philadelphia to New Jersey after a crash involving a police officer early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. on the mid-span of the bridge.
Two cars collided head-on and one of the vehicles was a police car.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to be treated and released, authorities say.
Police are testing the driver in the second vehicle for Driving Under the Influence.
There are no charges at this time.
accident, philadelphia news, new jersey news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 25 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 38 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 17 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 21 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad