Pa. husband, wife charged with New Year's DUIs
MEADVILLE, Pa. - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- A northwestern Pennsylvania couple has been charged with drunken driving after police say the man's wife arrived drunk at the police barracks to pick up her husband following his arrest earlier New Year's Day.
Troopers say they stopped 53-year-old Steven Flick, of Meadville, shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday on Route 322 in Vernon Township.
Police say Flick tried to run away during his arrest, so they also charged him with resisting arrest.
Police say Kimberly Joy Flick called the Meadville barracks about an hour later to make arrangements to pick up her husband, but was warned not to drive to the station if she, too, had been drinking.
Police say Kimberly Flick disregarded the warning, arrived legally drunk, and was also charged with drunken driving.
Online court records don't list attorneys for the couple, who don't have a listed phone.
pennsylvania news, DUI, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 48 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 34 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 50 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos