Police investigate Wilmington's first homicide of 2014
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating Wilmington, Delaware's first homicide of 2014.
It happened at 8:10 p.m. Wednesday.
Officers were called to the 1200 block of West 3rd Street for a reported shooting.
They found 28-year-old Allen Whitt of Port Deposit, Maryland inside a vehicle. He had been shot several times.
Whitt was rushed to Christiana Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators believe Whitt was shot two blocks away, in the 1400 block of West 3rd, and was able to drive to the 1200 block before he expired.
Police have not identified any suspects or a motive for the crime.
delaware news, homicide, wilmington news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids