Man and woman found dead in suspicious Juniata Park house fire
PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- A man and woman have been found dead in a suspicious house fire in the city's Juniata Park section Thursday night, officials say.
The fire broke out around 11:45 p.m. on the 4200 block of Ormond Street.
Firefighters placed the blaze under control within fifteen minutes.
Authorities say the unidentified male and female suffered gunshot wounds. They were pronounced dead at the scene.
The Fire Marshal and homicide detectives were called to the scene.
Investigators think the fire may have been intentionally set.
fire, juniata park news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
50 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
47 min ago