Southbound I-95 reopens after tractor trailer crash in South Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Traffic is moving again on southbound I-95 in South Philadelphia after an overnight crash involving a tractor trailer and several other vehicles.
The accident happened at 3:30 a.m. Friday at the base of the Girard Point bridge near Enterprise Avenue.
Pennsylvania State Police say the tractor trailer appeared to jackknife and overturn.
Images from Sky6 showed the big rig lying on its side and southbound traffic at a standstill.
The southbound lanes were shut down for hours as crews worked to right the truck and clear the scene. Southbound traffic was being detoured off I-95 at Broad Street.
At least one southbound lane was back open after 7:00 a.m., and the scene appeared clear by 8:00 a.m.
accident, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 1 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 15 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 42 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 57 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases