Southbound I-95 reopens after tractor trailer crash in South Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Traffic is moving again on southbound I-95 in South Philadelphia after an overnight crash involving a tractor trailer and several other vehicles.
The accident happened at 3:30 a.m. Friday at the base of the Girard Point bridge near Enterprise Avenue.
Pennsylvania State Police say the tractor trailer appeared to jackknife and overturn.
Images from Sky6 showed the big rig lying on its side and southbound traffic at a standstill.
The southbound lanes were shut down for hours as crews worked to right the truck and clear the scene. Southbound traffic was being detoured off I-95 at Broad Street.
At least one southbound lane was back open after 7:00 a.m., and the scene appeared clear by 8:00 a.m.
accident, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 55 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Boy hospitalized after Mayfair near drowning 5 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 23 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos