Woman, toddler hurt in Lawndale fire
LAWNDALE - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two people are hospitalized after a fire in the Lawndale section of Philadelphia.
It broke out at 4:30 a.m. Friday at a home in the 400 block of Kerper Street.
Firefighters made quick work of the blaze.
A 28-year-old woman and a 2-year-old child were taken to Jeanes Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
There was no immediate word on their conditions or what caused the fire.
philadelphia news, fire, lawndale news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 51 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 3 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 30 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases