Woman, toddler hurt in Lawndale fire
LAWNDALE - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- Two people are hospitalized after a fire in the Lawndale section of Philadelphia.
It broke out at 4:30 a.m. Friday at a home in the 400 block of Kerper Street.
Firefighters made quick work of the blaze.
A 28-year-old woman and a 2-year-old child were taken to Jeanes Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
There was no immediate word on their conditions or what caused the fire.
philadelphia news, fire, lawndale news, local/state
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident 4 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
4 min ago