The Saints arrive to brutal cold for Eagles game
PHILADELPHIA - January 3, 2014 (WPVI) -- The brutally cold weather will flow right into Saturday night's Eagles game, and the Saints now know what it will feel like.
The Saints landed outside Atlantic Aviation not to a large contingent of local fans, but rather one little kid, 7-year-old Jacob Simms, whose Dad says somehow became a fan of Saints quarterback Drew Brees.
The Eagles may have a secret weapon for the playoff battle - Mother Nature.
Crews at the Linc have been busy cleaning the streets and stadium for the wildcard game.
The Eagles say two to three million pounds of snow will be removed by game time.
And temperatures will be frigid, unlike the cozy confines of the Superdome down in Louisiana.
"This is the time you don't have a chance to not play your best," says former Eagle Brian Westbrook. "This is the playoffs! If you lose here, you're going home."
Former Eagle great, Brian Westbrook, was at Dave and Busters Friday talking playoffs.
Fans absorbed the water-cooler talk. They have been waiting three years for another playoff game, and like the team itself, they are confident the Eagles will soar high Saturday night, especially considering the weather.
"You got a dome team down in New Orleans playing in the cold. It's going to be near zero tomorrow. It's going to be a big advantage for the Eagles and hopefully they can take advantage of it," said John Irizarry.
"It's going be awesome," said Steve Ferrari. "The last couple of games, it's been rocking. I expect the same tomorrow night."
"It's going to be really loud. I know that. It's going to be like the old days at the Vet," said Kyle Sulpizio.
SEPTA will also be offering additional service on the Broad Street Line on Saturday beginning around 6:00 p.m. including 14 additional trains.
The cold in Philadelphia is nothing compared to temperatures expected in Green Bay for the wild card game there on Sunday.
Wind chills could reach -50 according to reports. That makes the weather in Philadelphia downright toasty.
philadelphia eagles, brian westbrook, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 19 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos